If you are an iPhone user, you would know how difficult it is to delete multiple contacts on iPhone. There are many iPhone users who want to know the ways to delete multiple contacts or all contacts at once from their iPhone. If you use the usual method of deleting contacts on iPhone, it would take ages. I am going to share the best and free ways to delete multiple contacts on iPhone in this post.
Delete multiple contacts on iPhone using iCloud
This is the best method available to you to delete your multiple contacts on iPhone.
To use this method, you would need:
- PC / Mac
You have to follow the steps given below to delete multiple contacts on iPhone:
- Open icloud.com on your browser and log in using your Apple ID and Password.
- Click on “Contacts” icon from the available icons on screen.
- Check the checkbox against Contacts option and click on “Manage”
- If you don’t want to delete all contacts, select all the contacts that you want to delete by holding the Control Key.
- Click on the “Settings” icon. You will find it in the bottom-left part of the screen. The menu items in the Setting section will show up.
- Click on “Delete”.
- A message will pop-up asking you to confirm deletion of contacts. Click on “Delete” to confirm. Your contacts are now deleted.
- If you want to delete all contacts at once, you have to click on the “Settings” icon and click on “Select All”. All messages will get selected. Now, you have to follow Step No. 6 & 7 above to delete all contacts at once.
Delete Multiples Contacts on iPhone using Groups App
This method takes help of a third-party app to delete multiple contacts on iPhone. The steps are as follows:
- Search “Groups” App on the AppStore and install it in your iPhone.
- Open the “Groups” App and when prompted, allow access of your Contacts App to the Groups App.
- Your contacts can be accessed using the Groups App now. Select “All Contacts” from the available Groups List.
- Now, select the contacts that you want to delete by tapping the circle checkbox to the left of each contact.
- After selecting all the contacts you want to delete, tap on the “Choose Action” option on the top and select “Delete Contacts” to delete the contacts.
- You will receive a Pop-up Message asking for confirmation stating “Remove from my iPhone”. Tap on it to confirm deletion of your contacts.
- You can use the above process in the same order to delete all contacts at once if you want.
There is another method by which you can delete your contacts, but it would also involve deleting all data on your iPhone. You guessed it right. It’s factory reset. I believe you should use the factory-reset method to delete your contacts on iPhone only when you plan to sell your phone or give it as a gift to somebody.
Please share your feedback on the above methods to delete multiple contacts on iPhone in the comments section.