Are you receiving “Gmail is out of space” message? Are you finding ways to delete attachments from Gmail to make space? I will share a simple method which you can use to delete attachments from Gmail.
Before I share with you the ways to delete attachments, you should know that Google provides you 15 GB Storage Space and it is shared across Gmail, Google Drive and Google Photos. If you have a lot of files or photos in Google Drive or Google Photos, it would be a good idea to also check your usage in Google Drive and Google Photos. Now, let’s get to business and find out how to delete attachments from Gmail.
Steps to delete large attachments from Gmail
I have outlined the steps below to help you remove large attachment from Gmail:
- Login to your Gmail Account in any web-browser.
- Enter the search text “has:attachment larger:5MB” in the Search Box of your Gmail account. Press ENTER.
- The search results will show up on your screen with all the email having attachment size larger than 5 MB. If you want to select email with even larger attachment size, you will have to change the search text accordingly.
- Now, select the messages that you want to delete and click on the “Delete” icon.
- All the message have been deleted and move to Trash folder. You have still not cleared up the space as the deleted messages in Trash folder are still occupying your Gmail space.
- To delete all the message from your Trash Folder, you have to go to the Trash Folder from the Left-Side Menu of Gmail screen. Click on “Empty Trash Now” option provided on top of the messages.
- You have deleted your Gmail attachments successfully and cleared up storage space in your Gmail account.
Please share your feedback about the above method in the comments section. It will help us improve the content in our website.