There are many Facebook users who have been using Facebook since long time and have accumulated so many messages in their Facebook account. It is obvious that they are looking for ways to delete archived Facebook messages. If you are an iPhone user and you would like to delete your archived messages in Facebook, I have created this post just for you.
Important things you should know before deleting Archived Facebook Messages on iPhone
- The archived messages you delete will be removed from your Facebook account only. It will not be removed from the accounts of other message participants.
- You cannot delete multiple messages at once from your conversations. You will have to delete one message at one time. So, if you are looking to delete a lot of messages, it will take a lot of time to delete all messages.
- If you want to delete bulk messages, you should use browser extensions meant for deleting facebook messages.
Steps to delete Archived Facebook Messages on iPhone
The following simple steps will guide you through the process of deleting archived Facebook messages on your iPhone.
- Open the Facebook Messenger App on your iPhone
- Search the message that you are looking to delete. Archived Facebook messages will not be visible to you. But, when you search a message, archived messages are also searched and shown in the search results.
- Select the chats that you want to open and tap on it.
- Select the conversation you want to delete by tapping & holding the conversation. The option to delete the conversation will show up in the bottom of the screeen.
- Delete the selected conversation by tapping on “Remove” icon in the bottom of the screen.
- You have sucessfully deleted the archived message on iPhone.
- You can repeat the above steps to delete more conversations as required.
Please share your feedback on the above method to delete the archived Facebook messages on iPhone. It will help us to improve the content on this website.